Beads (Showing 0 products)
There are no products matching the selection.Back to Top
Beads for Jewelry Making: Attractive, Blingy and Colourful
Whether you are exploring jewellery making for the first time, or you are an accomplished trinket crafter, the one thing that your project box should be overflowing with is beads. Create your own masterpieces with these little blobs that come in imaginative colours, shapes, sizes and materials. Beads are the most versatile and easiest accessories to work with when you design various pieces of jewellery such as bracelets, neckpieces, earrings, anklets and more. Here at Raaaft, we have a gorgeous collection of beads that will inspire you to create the most fashionable and fascinating wearables.
A World of Fashionable Beads under One Roof
Enter our mesmerizing world of beads in every imaginable shade and material. Choose from glossy glass beads, natural wooden beads, designer crimp beads, shiny metal beads and semi-precious pearl beads. You will also find a large collection of clear beads, colourful, plastic craft beads, and beads with alphabets and numbers. With the sheer variety and colour options available on our site, you will not need to look anywhere else for all your beady requirements.
Quality Beads at Competitive Prices
Here at Raaaft, we understand that every piece that goes into your jewellery making project needs to be of the highest quality. We are confident that our comprehensive stock of beads in a variety of materials and colours will exceed your expectations of quality and affordability. Additionally, we offer a 10% credit on every order when you shop with us continually. You can use this credit on your subsequent purchase. If you are shopping with us for the first time, get 20% off on your first order. Click here to create an account now.
Beads for Prayer and Peace
One of the earliest forms of beads was made from ostrich eggshells in Africa as early as 10,000 B.C. Over the years, beads have found their way into various cultures, not just as ornamentation, but also in a spiritual context. Several religions use beads sewn into a strand as a means to keep count while meditating or reciting their sacred verses:
- Roman Catholics use the rosary which has 59 beads during their combined sequences of prayer and meditation.
- In Islam, the prayer beads called Misbaha, Tasbih or Sibha are made of 105 beads. Of these, 99 are the same size, and after every 33 beads, there are 2 smaller sized ones.
- Followers of Sikhism use the ‘mala’ while reciting their prayer. They often integrate the beads within their attire and wear them on their turbans or wrap them around their wrists.
- Hindus use prayer beads in a string called ‘Japa Mala’ that typically contains 108 beads. These are used while repeating the name of the deity or reciting mantras as part of their prayers.
- Mahayana Buddhism, Pure Land Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism and several other sub-sects within Buddhism also use the prayer beads or ‘malas’. The number of beads differs for each sect, but usually the strands contains a number that is a divisor of 108.
- Followers of the Bahá’í faith recite their sacred religious verses with 95 prayer beads on a single strand or a strand of 19 beads with 5 set counters.
For ideas and suggestions on beads in jewellery making, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram. Know more about our contests and seasonal discounts, and read about the latest in our beads supplies.